Classic Car Show (UK)

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Classic Car Show (UK)
From: jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk
Date: Tue, 26 May 1992 11:49:14 +0100
From:   NAME: Mike Jeffreys         [DAT31 ]
        FUNC: DAT31
        TEL: 0473-645609                      <JEFFREYS M J AT WEB AT WEBCS>
To:     british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu@unet

There was a car show at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham (UK)
this weekend. There were far to many cars to mention them all, but even
though I am a Triumph person, the MGA in the 'flesh' is definitely growing
on me! A very stylish (almost affordable) car. What really interested me
(though maybe you all know this) was that the TR6 bodyshell is now
remanufactured by British Heritage for 2650 pounds (excluding only the
chassis). There was a stand, run by Cox and Buckles (Moss), on which they
had an old blue TR6 and a new blue bodyshell. It was their 'job' to strip
the old one and build the new one in the 3 days of the show. It looked on
target to me, any old TR6s for sale?

As an owner of 2 rusty TR7s I inquired about the remanufacture of TR7
bodyshells at the British Heritage desk. I was fortunate to be talking to
the man who started the company (though I think the Rover group are the
actual owners). He said that it would be very unlikely that the TR7
bodyshell because:

In 1986, whilst talking to various British Leyland managers, he found out
that the complete TR7 tooling had just been sold to the Japanese for scrap.
It was this information that started the process culminating in the
remanufacture of the MGBs and TR6s. So don't anyone say that the TR7 is/was
good for nothing! It lay down it's life ......... sob!