In the country

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: In the country
From: jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk
Date: Tue, 26 May 1992 11:49:20 +0100
From:   NAME: Mike Jeffreys         [DAT31 ]
        FUNC: DAT31
        TEL: 0473-645609                      <JEFFREYS M J AT WEB AT WEBCS>
To:     british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu@unet

This long (3 day) weekend in the UK has been hot (for us), just the weather
for cruising around the countryside in a convertible LBC. I spent half the
afternoon driving 40 miles through deepest Essex whilst trying to avoid the
main dual carriageway (A12). It's amazing how many people would rather sit
in a traffic jam than use the country lanes, but that's OK by me :-) . Most
of the lanes were single track (though metalled, of course) and surrounded
by ripening crops; it was like sailing through fields! To add variety, the
odd picturesque village with 1000 year old church, common ground and
cricket match would attract. I think I'll have the rest of today off from
work!