cleaning body seams

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: cleaning body seams
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 92 21:25:11 -0400

        I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about
cleaning the seams of the body panels on my Spitfire.  When I stick
my hand down into the rear fender area and inside rocker panels, I'm
finding alot of mud and dust.  Now that the car has moved to Michigan,
this mud is retaining water.  Is there anyway to clean it?  It is very
hard to get any access to the seams behind the rear tires, let alone the
seam along the rocker panels.  How can I stop the little bit of surface
rust that has developed?  I was able to get the rear ones fairly clean by
spraying them with water.  How can I clean the inside of the rockers?

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu