TR6 Hood release cable breaking

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: TR6 Hood release cable breaking
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 27 May 92 10:01:34 EDT
|Date: 5-27-92  10:00am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: TR6 Hood release cable breaking
>Hood cable breaking :

>     I vaguely remember something about the possibility of
>removing a headlight and getting to the latch from there.
>That's a lot easier than removing the dash and heater.  Of
>course adding a loop of wire to the hood catch is even easier.

>Don Mathis

   I really doubt this would work, that's a long way to the hood release
latch.  I do know from first hand experience that only the glove box
needs to be removed to open it from the inside.  Once the glove box is
out, not an easy task to remove the fiberboard (gotta love that
fiberboard) glove box without damaging it, there's a hole in the
firwall.  If a long screwdriver is put through the whole and you
magically hit the right spot, the hood will open.  It took me about a
half an hour to hit the latch right.
    An easy way to to a backup cable would be to run some fishing line
through a hole in the firewall to make access easier.  It's not a good
feeling when the cable comes out in your hand.

     Dean