Shocking News

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Shocking News
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Wed, 27 May 1992 7:45:30 EDT
 Thanks go out this morning to several SOLers who helped make last night a
 very productive one.  Someone recently posted that it had taken four hours
 for them to put in a tube shock conversion kit on their midget.  That was
 very encouraging.  I think I might have been able to beat that if I could
 have gotten the mounting plates and old shocks to line up with the captured
 bolts faster.  A lot of sworking at that point :-)  After about two hours,
 Bob Jones came over when I needed it most.  I was close to calling it quites
 for the night, but he pushed me.  I actually had the worst part done.  It was
 a matter of drilling two holes and bolting everything together.  Many thanks
 Bob!  The original 4 hour poster was asking about the rear conversion and how
 long that would take.  If I recall, the answer was significantly less time
 than the front.  No drilling, etc.  Good answer.  I got a note from the UPS
 guy that they attempted delivery yesterday.  I am presuming that was the
 second half of my order, ala the rear shocks.  Maybe that is why I did not
 clean all the grease out from under my fingernails last night.....
 It will live again, someday soon I hope.
 MAD