Re: Car sightings Memorial weekend

To: sol@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Car sightings Memorial weekend
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Wed, 27 May 1992 11:29:47 CDT
pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier) writes, unless
I have messed up the attribution:
>> I saw a Morris Minor convertible.  I was surprised, because
> I had never seen a Morris Minor in this country before, and I did not know
> they even made topless ones.

Oh, yes, indeedy. They're cute, though not in the same way as, say, a Mini.
They remind me of late '40's Chevys. I suppose they had to get the design
scheme from somewhere... They also made a very nice "woody" estate.

A convertible Mini... now THAT would be something. Perhaps someone out
there has done one... with a hacksaw, maybe.

Speaking of lesser-known brands in this country, I haven't seen any examples
of the Alvis. My uncle in Cambridge (England) specializes in those, and has
the last two made (1965 or '66, as I recall). Their chief competitor was
Jaguar, to give you an idea of the comfort level.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473