Siata update

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Siata update
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 27 May 92 14:19:39 EDT
|Date: 5-27-92  2:19pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: Siata update
   I just returned from looking at the Siata and picking up the rest of
the layshaft needle roller bearings for my midget.  Anyway, it only cost
me $65 to look at it (I got towed from a parking lot, I was only there
for 10 minutes, not good).  The asking price was $5500 and I wouldn't
buy anything from that lot with someone elses money, judging from the
cars I looked at.  It seemed to be the genuine article.  VIN# 001937.
The engine looked really clean and the old paint in the engine bay
looked pretty good.  The rockers were covered up with new paint, but
it's blistered really badly already.  The frame has some rot on it, but
it looks like a serious welder could fix it.  The salseman knew that it
was really a fiat, but didn't know much else, not that I knew anything
about it.  Overall, it looked to be in decent shape, but would need
some structural work.  The place looks like they are really good at
covering up things.
  So, if anyone is REALLY interested I could get the name and number of
the place.

    Dean