THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU......

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU......
From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1992 14:21 EDT
Ok, I admit I was a bit distressed when I put out my cry for
Midget clutch help this weekend...but then again the tolerance
level was in the red.

I received a whole bunch of suggestions (none of which said
"BURN IT", thanks), the most popular and easiest of which
had do do with the pin holding the release bearing fork in
place. So, with screwdriver in hand, I reached under the
Midget, felt around to where the release fork pin would
be, found the hole, poked the screwdriver in...and up
it went. There was no pin!!!! I have to admit this is
one of the only times that I have been happy to find out
a part was missing!

Anyway, I will probably crawl under during the next few
days and slide in a bolt to hold the fork in place, and will
let you folks know what happened.

Again, thanks to all of you who sent me your suggestions, etc.,
they were, once again, appreciated!

Ric Golen