re: The Queen Marys' maiden voyage...

To: scocur@h2-7.auto-trol.com
Subject: re: The Queen Marys' maiden voyage...
From: mikej@wv.MENTORG.COM (Mike Johnson)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 92 07:53:21 PDT
>sender: scocur@h2-7.Auto-trol.COM (Scott Currier)
>sent:   08/04/1992  3:43 pm (PDT)
>---------
>**|
>I have been tearing into the RR I first posted about
>a week ago in SoL.  This novice has now been fully
>indoctrinated into the school of SU carbs, Lucas
>electronics, and stubborn oils systems. Since I
>received numerous replies about the PMC, I thought
>I would recap my experiences so far...

Ok so I fat fingered the first attempt to post a
reply.  Selling my Europa has me all shook up.

Nice post Scott.  I am *very* happy to hear that
Rollers have all the same problems as other brit
cars.  Wait a minute ... no I am not.  I was hoping
that there was a *bc [wild card (;-)] that would
escape the "weird problems" disease.

As to MYROPA.  It came back from the machanic
last night.  The outer bearing in the left rear
hub carrier was in 3 pieces.  We replaced the
bearings and the carrier.  Looks like we have a
little previous owner syndrome here.  After hot-
tanking the hub we find hammer marks.  Looks like
an attempt to remove the hub sans hub puller.  It
may have warped it.  This may be causing the run-
out at the wheel.  I will have to tell Tim (new
owner) what we found.  As the book I was reading
last night says "when buying a used Lotus the
only thing to be sure about is you will not be
able to find all the problems before purchase."

             mikej@wv.mentorg.com