Answers to brit-car terms

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Answers to brit-car terms
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 92 08:22:19 PDT
     My, what an apathetic bunch we are. Two postings and only
     one reply. Perhaps my question wasn't that interesting.
     Anyway, the answers;

     -Simmonds nut       = aircraft or self-locking nut

     -drag               = appears to be a punch, I was
                           hoping someone out there would know.

     -cardan shaft       = a short driveshaft that runs from
                           the transmission to the front of the torque
                           tube (on the Riley, at least)

     -light (easy one)   = windows, as in side light,
                           quarter light.

         I'm taking my british terms and going home,

                                        dstone@sc9.intel.com