Re: British Cars Digest #538 Wed Aug 5 01:15:02 MDT 1992

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #538 Wed Aug 5 01:15:02 MDT 1992
From: aj@squid.corp.sgi.com
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 92 09:43:28 PDT
I am looking at a photograph, photocopied from a book called
Augustine's Laws.  The caption reads:

"Figure 59. Fuse and holder from author's son's automobile. Prompt
melting of costly wiring harness and fuse holder successfully saved
inexpensive fuse from damage."

The picture shows a fuse, in mint condition, welded to the amorphous
remains of a fuse holder.

Too bad it doesn't mention what type of car, but I think we already
know anyway...

------

Update on '64 1098 Sprite:

Miq Millman provided me with stock wheels (thanks Miq!), I got some
new tires, and I lowered the car to its normal ride height.  Big
difference.  The master cylinder and two rear slave cylinders have
been replaced, and the carburetion is now spot on.  The generator went
bad, as did the voltage regulator, and these are now replaced.  These
were the last major problems.

I had already put in an LCB header to replace the Ferrous Oxide
Special that was on the car already, and replaced the journeyman tail
pipe/muffler assembly (last seen bouncing southbound on Rengstorff
Ave) with a Monza system.

With all that's been replaced and rebuilt on this car, it's seems
essentially new (except for, say, the radiator, front suspension,
gagues, and of course that lovely FD&C Poorly Applied Red #7 paint
job).

No more will my friends use "Runs like your Sprite" as a measure
of mechanical viability!  For now. :-)

So, I'd like to thank profusely (profusely thank?) all the kind,
masochistic enthusiasts who have helped me to get this, my first
British car (hell, first car), into drivable shape.  I couldn't be
more pleased with it.  Now, it's just a matter of fixing all the
little things, a task that I'm sure will accompany me for as long as I
own the car...

Thanks again for all your help so far!

-aj-

        A.J. Herrera                                    (415) 390-1741
        aj@sgi.com                                      fax 415 390 6327
                           IRIS Partner Program

        SU carbs and Lucas electrics: Two wrongs DO make a Sprite!