More on the Queen Mary.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More on the Queen Mary.
From: scocur@h2-7.Auto-trol.COM (Scott Currier)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 92 10:48:21 MDT
Thanks for all the replies about the Queen Mary.  From
some of the feedback, I realize I neglected a few points.

Stats:
1972 Long Wheel Base Silver Shadow 4-door Saloon.
White Body, Black Everflex roof.
Black Connolly Hides with dark red piping.
Dark red sheep skin carpeting.
Virgin wool headliner.
Dark carpathian burled/quartered dash, window frame, and grab rails.
Guages by Smiths and Lucas.
6.75 alloy V-8 with air injected ports, twin SU carbs.
GM Turbo 400 trans with solenoid shift mechanism.
P.O.  A doctor who was divorcing and cashing out his hard assets.
Overall condition:  Strong 2.

Since there was interest in my other cars, here goes:

1981 Delorean DMC-12 - Bought new. (nicknamed: Stinky)
Engineering by Lotus, Design by Ital-design (Giorgetto Giugarro).
Stainless Steel body, light grey Bridge of Weir leather interior.
Built in Dunmerry N.I.
Lotus Backbone frame and DeDion rear suspension, Girling Shocks.
Rear Mounted PRV V-6 with Bosch K-jetronic fuel injection.
4-speed manual tranmission.
Lotus injection moulded fibreglass body with Stainless outer skin.
Torsion bar lift Gullwing doors with central locking.
Mileage since new: ~100,000
Problem areas:
Alternator (Dulcelier - replaced with Motorola)
Electrical relays (Lucas - replaced with Bosch)
Overflow tank and radiator (Plastic - replaced with brass)
Trailing arm bolts (checked periodically)
Speedometer angle drive, front wheel (replaced twice)
Overall condition: 2

1967 Lincoln 4-door Convertible. (nicknamed: Pokey)
Red Body, White Roof, Black leather interior.
462 V-8, 4bbl Carter AFB
C-6 tranny
Overall condition: 3 (soon to be 1)

Recently sold:
1964 Chrysler 300-K  (Baby)
1955 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup (Bunny)
1931 Chevrolet Eagle, rumble seat coupe. (Daisy)

Looking for:
Any MG-TC or TD
Mid '60s Silver Cloud III or Phantom V
'56 Continental Mark II
'40 Lincoln Continental Convertible
'39 alloy body Lagonda

Well that about raps it up.  I'll save another time to tell
you about the trials and tribulations of using a Delorean
as a commuter car in New York City in the early '80s.

Disclaimer: Dis Claim is mine, all mine...
                                             Scott Currier
                                             Auto-trol Technology Corp.
scocur@auto-trol.com                         Denver, Colorado