Re: Help! mystery B problems

To: chrysanthemum!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! mystery B problems
From: taylor!randy
Date: Wed Aug 5 18:46:52 1992
Bob

My first reaction was a solid "bad condenser". Then I read that you swapped
out the distributor. After much thought, I *still* think it's an ignition
problem. Replace the condenser, and points (and use Lucas parts). Check the
comdition of the low tension lead that hooks to the points. Check the
spring arm that connects the vacuum advance to the breaker plate.

What does the tach do while it backfires. Is it jittery?

   Randy
    randy@taylor(.UUCP)

P.S. It bothers me that you had to move the timing after changing the chain.
     The timing should not have moved.