simple questions answers?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: simple questions answers?
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1992 08:53:59 -0500
Just a couple of easy questions:

I think that I am supposed to have grease "caps(?)" inside the tube of
each hub on my '68 MGC.  One of them is still there.  It basically
looks like a little cap with a grease fitting in the middle of it.
Am I supposed to put grease in these?  If so, how far out should the cap
move from the back of the tube?  All the way, or just a little (depending
on how much grease gets pumped in there).

Second question:  The MGC has two brake boosters.  Recently, when at
a stop light and idling the brake pedal will slowly travel to the
floor.  IF pumped, it will get hard again, but slowly drop to the
floor.  I don't have any fluid loss.  Is this a sign of (pick your
choice) a: master cylinder problems  2) worn brake pads or III- bad
brake shoes?

Or does it have something to do with the boosters?

Thanks in advance for any elucidations-

Will

c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c
c  _    _   ___    ___           Ceeasaurus!                      c
c | \  / | /   \  /   \  Will    | wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu c
c |  \/  ||   __ |       Sadler  | or will@cica.indiana.edu       c
c |      | \___/  \___/       Bloomington, Indiana                c
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c