Re: Empty wallets, and Monty Python

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Empty wallets, and Monty Python
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1992 15:32:12 CDT
"Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@libra.intel.com>
writes:
> Hah ! An Italian car ? I should count myself lucky to own an Italian car !
> I have 2 British cars and one German car, and all are insured and registered !

Okay, *I* started with an Austin America (the sporty 1300, of course, not the
1100) (and yes, that's relatively speaking)... but also acquired a Chevy Vega,
followed closely by a Chevy Chevette. By this point I was obviously in need of
therapy, and bought a screaming T/A 6.0L TransAm to compensate for my earlier
lack of acceleration. I am now gently backsliding towards Austin Land again,
with work on Triumphs, Alvises ("Alvii"?) and the like, but hopefully will
acquire an MG or something that purports to have some modicum of speed during
such times as it is actually running.

>          fully expecting a can-you-top-this string,
>                                                    ds

I'm done. Next, please?!

-- Andy