Re: Su carbs and ljc's

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Su carbs and ljc's
From: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 92 16:43:32 PDT
> In the latest M**t* Magazine (quarterly publication, glossy) there is an
> article about the staff ripping out the fuel injection system in their M**t*
> and replacing it with a pair of SU carbs from a 1971 MGB.  With the fuel
> injection gone, so is the rev limit at 7200.

CSP, Miq, CSP.  I'm sure we could cobble up a tubular manifold fairly
simply, and I've got four sets of 1.5" SUs, including some from a '71
MGB.  Or for that matter, if we can find a bunch of sand and some wax,

> The car now makes a wonderous
> burble at idle and a pleasingly sweet snarl at high rpms.  By shifting at

    Gee, the M**t* is getting Britisher and Britisher.

What Miq and I keep talking about doing is taking the oil pan gasket
out, cutting it into three or four sections, and then replacing it.
That'd give it that authentic look-and-feel.  On the other hand, when
I parked my '71 between three white M??t?s (face it, M**t* could be
Mustang, horrors!), I think I dumped enough oil out the bellhousing
drain port for the four of us.

    Now if they just had a real muffler...

Hey, drill a couple of holes in the stock one and I bet it'd sound
just great!

--Scott "Either that or stick a broom handle up the tailpipe" Fisher