Frame painting, Alternators

To: "British.cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame painting, Alternators
From: Shel Hall <76701.103@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Aug 92 00:00:48 EDT
Folks-

RE: Painting frames ...

If complete originality isn't a prime concern, I'd look into having the
thing powder coated.  It's _much_ tougher than paint, can be applied
inside almost-closed areas, and results in a very nice-looking finish.

RE: Alternators, regulators, relays ...

I think I'd be _real_ tempted to chuck the whole setup and replace the
alternator with a Bosch unit.  The usual model has two wires (12 v out,
ground), is self-regulating, lasts a _long_ time, and the only replacable
part (brush/regulator assembly) is a $25 stocking item at K-mart, Pep Boys,
etc.  Frankly, I don't understand why there is any other kind.

-Shel