Re: Frame painting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame painting
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 92 13:09:27 CDT
Shel Hall writes >

>If complete originality isn't a prime concern

No way is this car ever going to make it back to complete originality.

>I'd look into having the
>thing powder coated.  It's _much_ tougher than paint, can be applied
>inside almost-closed areas, and results in a very nice-looking finish.

Yes, the stuff is great.  Toro has been doing it for quite a while on mowers
and blowers.  Works fine, is easy to make the setup safe for the workers.

But independent powder-coaters are making noises like $500 to do it on my
Europa frame.  This is not even in the ballpark for my budget.  It is actually
cheaper to get a wheel chromed in this town than powder-coated.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org (infrequent mail checks)
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (lists go here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman