Car randomly dies: fuel/air in exhaust

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Car randomly dies: fuel/air in exhaust
From: gdk@thumper.bellcore.com (Gabor Kiss)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 92 16:58:20 EDT
I read about this trick once in a bike mag. It's easy and tempting on
a bike since one has a convenient thumb-operated kill switch. About 50
yards from the target, one flicks the kill switch off and then back on
when abreast the target. Result, a satisfying bang, and with luck, one
dweeb scared shitless.

Since it was so much fun, I thought I'd try it in my '50 Chevy. Result
a satisfying bang followed by the sound of a car with no muffler (it
looked like it had been opened with a dull can opener), and a search
for a new muffler for a '50 Chevy.

Try it, you'll like it.

(of course all this happened in college. I'd never do anything like
that now)