Summer SOL Meet/All-British Car Show

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer SOL Meet/All-British Car Show
From: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 92 17:24:43 PDT
Greetings, fellow Scions Of Lucas!

This is to announce the Summer SOL Meet, held in conjunction
with the Palo Alto All-British Car Show and American MGB
Association National Convention.  It's a low-key but fun
affair, with a mountain tour, a car show, some videos,
and a chance to meet some of our fellow SOLs in person.

The event takes place over the course of two days:

Saturday, September 12  Santa Cruz Mountain Tour, starting from the
                        Palo Alto Elks Club parking lot on El Camino
                        Real near West Charleston, leaving at 9:30 AM.
                        (Details below.)

Sunday, September 13    All-British Car Show, El Camino Park, Palo
                        Alto, California (across from the Stanford
                        Shopping Center).  Includes AMGBA hospitality
                        tent with MGB racing videos, technical videos,
                        highlights of past conventions, technical
                        sessions, and club officials.  Informal dinner
                        after the meet to introduce one another.

For the Tour, we suggest having breakfast either at Hobee's directly
across the street or at Denny's half a block away.  Try to be at the
parking lot before 9:30; we will be forming tour groups and having
introductions, giving directions, and otherwise pretending we're
organized for about half an hour before we leave.

There will be time and opportunity to stop for groceries, sandwiches
and other snacks on the tour, or you can bring a picnic lunch from
home.  The tour will last until early afternoon (2:00 or 2:30) after
which we'll be splitting up to do any cleanup required for the show
the next day.

The tour is expecting a number of guests from other clubs: the Reno
MG Club and the Redding British Car Clubs have indicated an interest
in the meet, and we'll have a number of other British-car owners from
the Bay Area present, so you'll have a chance to see some cars that
you might not be familiar with and get to know new people.  It's
also said to be an award-winning tour, and I'm looking forward to it.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

--Scott