Re: double clutching

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: double clutching
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1992 09:39:35 -0400
Scott Fisher, Mr. Wordsmith scribed:

> What you've observed in the gas and brake pedal is an orientation
> that helps with heel-and-toe.  (And THAT'S a misnomer; it's actually
> ball-of-foot-and-little-toe.)

Bzzt! Not a misnomer, just archaic. One of the few things still on my hulk
of a MG Hillclimb Special are the pedals. The throttle is in the middle &
high, and the brake is right & low. The two are angled so that they are
in-line.  You place the bottom of your right foot on the brake, angle it
a bit to the left, and top of your foot falls directly on the throttle.
Now, you're ready for the constant pedal dance to the top of the hill.
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett             (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   |
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | "The South Lansing Centre
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!