set of 1 1/2 su's for a 1500 found

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: set of 1 1/2 su's for a 1500 found
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 92 11:19:42 -0400
        If any of you who took note of my search for twin 1 1/2 su's for
my Spit 1500 are interested, I finally have a set on the way.  I
searched around the U.S. for awhile, including this list, and got nowhere.
The best I could do was T.S. Imports in Ohio, but they were too much money.
(about 300.00 when done) From the U.K. members, I was able to get the phone
number of a yard near London which had a set (several actually)  off a late
model Spit.  For the carbs, linkage, manifold, and air filter frame the guy
wanted 49.00 pounds.  To have it shipped here, insured, was an additional 30.
Considering a 1.90 exchange rate, this comes to 150.00 dollars.  This is
about half what they wanted at T.S.. (by the way, T.S. also said i would have
to make the linkage!) Just FYI.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu