Re: TR6 motor hand-rotation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, ian@Centric.COM
Subject: Re: TR6 motor hand-rotation
From: sbender@dsd.es.com (Steve Bender)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 11:16:41 MDT
> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 10:00:41 PDT
> From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)

> Does anyone know the recommended method of rotating a TR6 motor by hand?  I
> want to stick a major wrench on the end of the crank to turn it to line up
> TDC but I can't see anywhere to do that.  It looks like I might have to
> remove the radiator and fan and cobble something up using the fan mounting
> holes?  If the spark plugs are removed it shouldn't require too much force,
> I hope, and not damage anything.  How does everyone else do this?

If the plugs are out, put the gearbox in fourth and jack up one rear wheel
and rotate it.  Of course, if the purpose of this is to set the valves
you might recruit a friend to do the turning while you're up front watching...

'Just a teensy bit more... Nope!, Other way... , litte bit more... more,...
OK-Oops too far, back a bit...'

-Steve-