Auto ignorance, was Funny Story

To: DSTONE@libra.intel.com
Subject: Auto ignorance, was Funny Story
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1992 13:14:14 -0700

Daren Stone scribed:>
>          First of all, $500 for a good running car is a
>     good deal no matter what color it is, and second, you
>     shouldn't be concerned about the color, as a Pinto is
>     ugly no matter what color !

Ahhh, but if they are "cutters" (from the movie Breaking Away) then it
makes a world of difference to them. They can't afford a real car so
they must get something they can afford, and then the color becomes a
major issue. They would not want to be seen in a car that the color is
passionate pink (Mary Kay colors), or some other offensive or hilarious
color. It is bad enough that they must be seen in a car that could very
well be their coffin, and not the car of their choice. If I knew it
might be my coffin I at least want to be able to choose the color that I
will be consumed in. :-)

Bruce...