Re: Miscellaneous TR250 questions

To: montanaro@crd.ge.com
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous TR250 questions
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 92 07:46:47 CDT
Low oil pressure at idle - lower bearings, I'll send you
my on-line cheatsheet for doing this in a separate message,
somewhat tedious, but worth the $100 and one day of work.

This transmission has detent adjustments via shims on the
springs in the shifter, you can likely adjust this with the
trans. tunnel removed.  If this is the problem you don't need
to work on the trans., maybe someone has tried this.

I'd find a good transmission shop to do the trans, they have
the presses, etc. to do this.  I bought the TRF rebuild kit
and delivered this and the trans to a local place, cost $190
in labor and they caught 2 other parts out of spec.  Its not
that you CAN'T do it...  its the wisdom to do what saves the
money and sub out what saves time/trouble later.  Now the carbs
are simple, just don't mess with the temp. compensators (check
price - ha! ha!).  The Unisyn is a big help.

Roger