Minis & minilites

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Minis & minilites
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 92 07:21:24 PDT
Bruce... and his mis-behaving MGB:::

> Some interesting tid bits that I have noticed when the car starts to act up.
> The tach usually registers 0 rpm when this happens, I thought that the

Do not rule out the ignition switch. If possible by-pass the switch by
using a piece of wire to get 12V directly to the coil.  If you still have
the same problem, you knot that IT IS NOT the switch.
Ign switches like any other electrical connector can go bad.

     >>The one on my Sunbeam went out, but it went out in
     the "run" position. When it acted up, there was nothing
     you could do to stop the car !<<

I doubt that Minilites are that cheap, I talked to a Minilite distributor
about 9 months ago who told be that Minilite is now making wheels for almost
all of the old cars (ie MG's, Austin, Triumph etc). I recently read in Classic
Cars that they have also started making Minilites for all of the Mini's, not
just the 13" (?) wheels for the Cooper.
         ^^
     >>  ^^ I think they're 10".<<

                         dstone