Re: was funny story

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was funny story
From: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM (Ed Rush)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 92 15:43:44 PDT
Daren Stone <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com> sez

>     so somebody tell me, what *are* cutters ?

"Cutter" is short for "stonecutter," as southern Indiana is full
of limestone quarries and the cutters thereof are not renowned for
their Rhodes Scholarship qualifications.  It is a derogatory term
used by Indiana University students for the townies of Bloomington
(but usually not in their hearing).  "Cutters" have been known to
ambush students who venture into the countryside alone while
practicing for the annual Little 500 bicycle race.

  | Ed Rush, not speaking for Metaphor, Mtn. View, CA  |
  | and a former (very former) I.U. student.           |
  |  UUCP: [...!{apple|decwrl}!]metaphor!rush          |
  |  Internet: rush@metaphor.com                       |