Re: Major battery drain while starting - starter rebuild

To: ian@Centric.COM
Subject: Re: Major battery drain while starting - starter rebuild
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 92 11:14:18 CDT
A local place in Austin, TX rebuilds starters and alternators for
$50 to $100.  My last starter which was totally destroyed cost $85.
This includes a "new" paint job, new connectors, etc.  Both the
alternator and starter appear to be now new again and you don't have
to worry about the number of wires, etc. on a rebuilt unit with
"almost" the same model number.

I'm sure you have a "good" local place to do this, if not, let me
know and I'll check Texas Starter and Alternator for prices on
mail order jobs.  They have a huge building and many people, so
seems to be a major rebuild center, over the counter is a sideline.
Lucas is even on their sign!

Roger