Re: Parts cars for sale in Oregon

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts cars for sale in Oregon
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1992 10:52:53 CDT
drozt@comm.mot.com (Peter Drozt) writes:
>>  (3) MG Miget  Early model.  No motor and no transmission.  Very good
>>      body.  Good soft top.  Interior ok.  Glass is good.  All for $850.

> Anybody have any idea how much it would cost to get something like
> this delivered to the Midwest -- Chicagoland area in particular --
> from Portland?  Or for that matter how to go about doing this without
> going out there and dragging it back yourself?

Hi, Peter; long time no hear!

Trailering the thing (or towing it) could be a real headache, but given
the size of the car, have you considered renting a truck and just sticking
the car inside? Seems to me that it should fit inside an average U-Haul
truck if you can devise a way to get it up the ramps. (The rental trucks
usually use one ramp in the center of the tailgate, so you would have to
improvise an alternate way of rolling it in, perhaps in conjunction with
a come-along winch or a really big shove... ;-)

-- Andy