Healey '92

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey '92
From: Wayne Angevine <angevine@badger.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 92 09:11:35 -0600
I happened to be in Breckenridge, Colorado last week when Healy '92
was there.  This is apparently an international gathering of Austin-Healey
enthusiasts.  There were lots of good-looking Big Healeys and Bugeyes
buzzing around town.  Were any netters there?  Unfortunately, I'm afraid
that they got rained on quite a bit.  As we were heading home on Friday
there was a torrential rainstorm on the approach to the Eisenhower tunnel
(which runs under the mountains at about 10,500 ft or so).  There was one
couple with a Big Healey stopped by the side of the road standing in their
rain slickers.  In the tunnel itself there was a maintenance truck with
flashing light following a Bugeye which had apparently been being towed
by a Big Healey, but the tow strap was now dragging on the ground as they
coasted downhill.  I assume the strap had broken or come loose, as they
were much farther apart than the length of a reasonable strap.  I hope
nobody pulled in between them and ran over the strap.  Once out of the
tunnel on the east side, there was no rain, so they could get straightened
out in peace and comfort.

Wayne