Re: Lucas dist cap

To: british-cars@hoosier, ian@centric.com
Subject: Re: Lucas dist cap
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 92 08:13:30 PDT
   From: Ian Macky <ian@centric.com>

   PS The Lucal replacement distributor cap I bought came with aluminum posts,
      grr!!!  Totally inappropriate for high-voltage applications.  mutter...

>A depressing development indeed. I think Bosch is still making decent
>distributor caps for many LBC's. Time to stock up..

I replaced all my ignition parts for the GT6 (cap, rotor, wires, points) and
they were all Borg-Warner.  I got them from  Santa Cruz Auto parts if I
remember correctly.  I bought Lucas points once since I've owned the car and
I'll never buy them again, they're really crappy compared to the aftermarket
ones I've gotten.

Mike G.