Sprite Sway Bar Mounting

To: british-cars%autox.team.net@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Sprite Sway Bar Mounting
From: TANNEN%BABSON.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1992 13:16 EST
Hi out there . . .

I recently was given a front sway bar for my '65 Sprite, but it is not
stock and does not have any mounting hardware.  A normal Sprite sway
bar has the A-frame mounting holes on a horizontal axis, but this one
is not stock and has the mounting holes on a vertical axis.  In other
words, the stock link kits won't work.

Someone suggested getting "Heim joints", but I have no idea what they are
or where one would find them.  I need a threaded assembly that makes a
right angle, as opposed to the stock "drop" link assembly.  Anyone with
any thoughts, suggestions?  I have an autocross this Sunday -- it would
be nice to get it mounted this week :-)  Thanks in advance for any help.

skip tannen
TANNEN@BABSON.BITNET