Garage experience

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage experience
From: Philippe Habib <phabib@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 10:27:21 -0700
A few months ago, I bought some rebuilt carbs and choke for my TR7.  I
installed them and couldn't get a decent idle so I took the car in to
Bernett's in Palo Alto.  When I went back for the car, they said that I
had some serious choke problems, but they'd set the mix and adjusted the
idle so it now ran as well as it could.  Since I had a problem they didn't
fix, they didn't charge me for the time they spent.

I got the choke, re-re-built and installed and brought the car in again.  This
time, I have a bad distributor, which had ruined the cap and rotor and some
air leaks.  They still couldn't get the car to really run right so again, I
left without paying a dime.  Not even for the parts!  They put in a couple
hours on the car and didn't want to be paid.  I'm supposed to bring the car
back when I can live without it for a week or two and at that time, they'll
do what they think is about 4 hours of work and only charge me for 2 hours
to really get it right.

After each visit, the car ran noticeably better and I would not have minded
paying for the time.  Its not their fault my car has other problems.

So, I just wanted the rest of the list to know that there is a good place
out there.