Land Rover for sale...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Land Rover for sale...
From: dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca (dixon kenner)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1992 23:25:25 -0400

For those interested there is a Series II Land Rover pick-up for sale some
50 miles to the south of me.  (I live near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)

It is a 109" pick-up.

What is good?  The body is in very good shape, no corrosion holes that I
could see.  The engine is also in good shape.  It runs smoothly.  The
bulkhead is likewise in very good shape, the floors are either original,
or have been replaced with factory parts. (If so, who ever did it, did a
good job)  No rust there.  It hase been used for the past winter as a plough
in behind a British car restoration shop.  It has not been used to plough
every driveway in sight.  It is originally from Manitoba.  It is red in
colour.  (I do not know if this is the original colour or not.)

What is not so good.  The interior of the back "pick-up" area is a bit
dented from having objects inside it.  This is not very surprising.  The
one part that everyone asks about, the frame?  Well, the front part of
the frame is in good shape.  Nothing wrong with it that I could see when
I was under it. The frame does need word starting from just forward of
the rear wheels.  There are rust holes there.

The owner wants $1,500 Canadian for it.  (approx $1,200 US)

The serial number is 1504000150 for those who are interested.  I figured
that it was a Series II because the exhaust does not go down from the
manifold, but comes across through the left wing and then down under the
vehicle.

Anyone interested?  It is a far better deal that the one for US$2,500 that
I have just seen mentioned here...

Rgds,

Dixon

--
dixon kenner, dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca
FourFold Symmetry, Breckenridge, Quebec, Canada