TRIVIA

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TRIVIA
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 93 16:01 EDT
The following is in the May-June issue of "The Flying Lady":
Lilliey & Skinner was originally a boot and shoe company.
There were 3 Skinners connected with it.  G.H.Skinner conceived
of a constant vacuum carburettor and patented it in 1905. First known as the
Skinner Union, its success led the skinners to form a separate company
to make it themselves - the S.U. Company.  The first design used a
leather bellows instead of a dashpot, which explains the connection
with the shoe trade.

faaaaarrrr Out !!  I need to adjust my Skinner Unions !!

Two or three of you wrote me to send you the first part of articles
on woodwork.  Well, the second part is now out and I don't
remember who had requested it.  Please e-mail me and give me your
address.

Don Mathis
404-798-3982