Mostly Pointless Rambling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mostly Pointless Rambling
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1993 01:02:55 -0500 (CDT)
     Gumball!

Well, my '68 MGB made it through its first of two performances of Grease.
The only reason I'd let a bunch of artsy types handle any machinery of
mine is that my good buddy Phil (who's an engineering student) would be
watching over it.  He said he thought it was about to go off the end of
the stage once.  (The brake components are sitting about two feet away from
me, after being cleaned)  I can just see it now "Audience members killed
in bizarre sports car accident, ridiculous little British car to blame..."

Anybody want to buy a 1975 MGB?  The engine runs (but looks crudy under
the rocker cover), needs new floor, but does have a clear title.  It
lacks seats, driveshaft, and horns. (original horns that work--I *had*
to have those!)  My uncle bought it because my aunt wanted one.  They've
got about as much use for an MG as I do for a 400 cubic inch Caddy engine:)
Anyway, he found a wrecked one which had a good engine, but wouldn'
t sell just the engine.  I got a spare tranny out of the deal, and my
functioning cylinder head.

"I'd like to propose a toast:  To internal combustion, and wind in the face"
Prize of the week to whoever guesses what movie I'm watching  :)

I'm selling the car to make it to Europe.  My fiancee is there, and being
romantic LBC owners you can guess the rest.

My fiancee and I are trying to get something together for this historic
rally from Nova Scotia to Mexico.  I haven't contacted the fellow putting
it on yet.  It's the same guy who does many of the  big historic rallies
in Europe.  Anyone interest can contact (in England --home!)Phillip Young,
0892 524746.  The rally will be run in September 1994.  I don't know yet
if they'll accept rubber bumbered B's, if not then I may try to do this
thing in a 1968 Renault R-10 ("Please just strecth out on this couch and
try to relax...")

Biscuit the Midget's steering wheel and column (as one unit) are still sitting
in my room.

I think my ramblings have run out along with this bottle of Special Tuning
Ale.  SaeftyFast my friends.

And like Pirelli says:  "If you're going to drive, *drive*"

Keith