TR3 rear fenders

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 rear fenders
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 93 10:43:42 PDT
A couple of years ago I ordered a reproduction tr3 rear fender from TRF.
It was a steel fender, not fiberglas. TRF was VERY CANDID with me. They
said it was the best available, but not very good. They recomended I buy
it only if I had no other choice. The only used fenders I could find locally
at the time were pretty rough, so I ordered the TRF fender dispite their
warning. They were right of course; the fender was less then ideal. After
getting it and spending a few months thinking about it, I ended up deciding
that the simplest cleanest solution was to put the work into the used fenders.

In addition to the steel fenders I think they had fiberglas fenders available.
Perhaps they would have been a better fit, I didn't ask.

Despite the elapsed time and the fact that they had warned me, TRF was nice
enough to refund my money.

/dick