TR-3 Fender help

To: whs70@cc.bellcore.com, chenault@networx.com
Subject: TR-3 Fender help
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 93 13:51:10 -0400
   From: "sohl,william h" <whs70@cc.bellcore.com>

   >From networx.com!chenault Thu Jul  1 16:10:34 1993
   >I'm in the midst of a DIY restore of a 59 TR-3 and am trying to decide if
   >it makes more sense for me to attempt to repair the read fenders, or to buy
   >replacements.

   Reproduction fenders, especially those for the front, need a great
   deal of "adjustment" to fit.

My own experience is somewhat different; current repro front fenders
seem pretty good, but the currently available rear ones require a
certain amount of panelbeating skill to install well. If you need new
rears, I'd look for used ones if possible. On the other hand, the
usual rust spots are fairly easy to fix well, as these things go,
because the lower back is not a difficult curve, and the lower front,
which is a compound curve, is hidden by the aluminium stoneguard.

I've heard very strong recommendations for the TR3 panels made by
Revington TR Spares, in the UK. They advertise in the glossy UK
classic car magazines, which you can get here. Perhaps they are
supplying TRF and/or Moss; I don't know.

                                -john
John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu