Re: We are FAMOUS!

To: 76701.103@CompuServe.COM, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: We are FAMOUS!
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 93 20:22:40 -0700
Shel Hall
>Folks-
>
>We've hit the big time, now!
>
>On page 61 of the New Yorker magazine for 5 July, 1993, there is a
>cartoon showing a dog at a computer keyboard, talking to another dog
>who is sitting on the floor.
>
>"On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" is the caption.
>
>-Shel

OK, I couldn't resist:  I scanned this cartoon in and posted it to
hoosier.utah.edu as /pub/sol/GIF/net_dog.gif -- I hope no one minds!

(I briefly considered altering the image and putting the SOL logo on the
dog's computer screen, but decided to leave it unsullied.)

-coryc

|     >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<     |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Senior Tech Writer  |                                   |
| Sequent Computer Systems, Incorporated | "On the Internet, nobody knows    |
|  coryc@sequent.com                     |  you're a dog."                   |