forwarded message from paulg

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: forwarded message from paulg
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 93 11:25:57 EDT
Paul Gilders writes:

 > immediately once on the straight again. Further tests reveal that this
 > spluttering happens on all sharp right hand bends (or smoother ones
 > taken at speed). I assume the problem can only be fuel connected,
 > since I find it difficult to see how a right hand turn would change
 > spark characteristics.

Obviously, you've only tested this problem in the northern hemisphere.
It's my guess that if you attempt a left hand turns in the southern
hemisphere, you will experience your splutter problem whilst the right
hand spluttering phenomenon would disappear completely.  Them
electrics are tricky things ya know!  I suggest several courses of
action, in order of course, unless you are in the southern hemisphere.

 1) further your tests by taking your car below the equator.
 2) convert your car to positive ground and see if the problem
    reverses itself.
 3) take three left hand turns rather than one right hand turn.
 4) check the fuel pump.  A right hand turn could make it just
    difficult enough for a weak pump to give up under those G's you're
    pulling.  This might also explain your starting problems.

Let us know what ya find!

-Scotty