DIGEST # 874

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: DIGEST # 874
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@mailhub.cs.itc.hp.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 12:28:00 +0000
Daren Stone writes "the #'s indicate this to be
a high-compression motor coupled to a close-
ratio gearbox. Anybody seen that before?"
  Two of the three 1275 motors I looked at last
night had numbers that indicated high-compression/
close-ratio. The third motor lost its tag. I would
say this combination is not uncommon.

But, it does present some questions for you, Net-
wisdom. As all of these motors have been separated
from their gearboxes, how does one identify a close-
ratio gearbox short of opening it?

And the motor without a tag...again, short of opening
it, how can one determine if it is high compression?

Alan