fuel starving

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: fuel starving
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Jul 7 08:01:38 1993
Re: Paul Gilder's fuel starvation on right hand turns.

I would check the float levels and ensure they are set correctly.

You might also check to see if the mixture is set too lean on the
carbs.  Strange as it may seem, this can cause the symptoms you
describe (it did on my mini when running SUs.)

As Scott P. said, it would not hurt to replace the fuel pump.  I
suggest you replace it with the higher volume solid state facet model.  It will
be a bit noisier, but will not vapor lock...or you could go to the
facet interrupter type...and regulate it down with a Holley
regulator.  This would be the best solution, as you would be getting
the volume you need at a pressure you can control.

(in all this advice, I am assuming this is not a fuel pickup problem
>from your fuel tank...you have ruled that out, right?)

good luck.

Jim
jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the distinction
of being of the most popular, most maligned and least understood of human
activities.

Charles Beaumont and William F. Nolan from "Omnibus of Speed"