Re: Lucas Tripod Headlights

To: akguc!tdm@akgua.att.com
Subject: Re: Lucas Tripod Headlights
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 17:34:24 PDT
> I have 1 Lucas Tripod headlight that will fit my MGA. I am
> looking for another to complete the pair.  Anyone have one
> of these that they would like to sell ?

I'm thinking of putting a pair on the Japanese GT6.  I think
they look fantastic...

> I have been considering buying and installing those wire mesh
> screens over the headlights.
> Has anyone (non-dorks) installed the mesh screens on your headlights
> and how do you like them ?  Thanks,

Kim won a pair of these at a raffle at the American MGB Association
convention in Santa Barbara in 1985.  She loved them, we put them
on my prize-winning (at the same convention, 2nd in class) Midget
the following weekend.  They looked great as long as I had the car,
and didn't even get knocked off when the car was totalled while
parked in front of my house.  (Hey, I had a Bugeye project car in
one garage and a Morris Mini Traveller in the other, and I stupidly
left the Midget behind while I tried to sell the Lotus Cortina to fund
the restoration projects.  At least I had good British excuses...)