Advice on TR7

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice on TR7
From: fmd1@cornell.edu (Fred DeWolf)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1993 10:07:04 -0400
A friend gave me this list name an thought someone may be able to lend me
some sound advice:  Take it easy I'm not a car buff.

I have an 1980 TR7 convertible that has been "on blocks" for 5 years now
(actually  on it's still inflated tires).  The engine has not been turned
over in that time nor was the car properly prepared to be stored.

Question 1:  Are there any "must do" steps that I should take in trying to
crank the engine outside of applying fresh power to the starter?  The oil
seems to have held as did all other fluids....

Question 2:  If I wanted to sell it, what price range would represent a
going rate?  5-speed/rebuilt transmission/faded paint/tired interior/engine
fine (unless of course the engine is seized). Where would I advertise?  I
haven't seen any in our local papers.

FDW
Fred DeWolf
Associate Director for Business Services
Department of Campus Life
Cornell University
2336 S. Balch
Ithaca, New York  14853
Internet:  fmd1@postoffice.cornell.edu
QMail:     Fred_DeWolf@qmrelay.cornell.edu
Voice:     607-255-5369
Fax:       607-255-0891 (8 to 5 - Powerbook)