Re: LBC sounds?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC sounds?
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1993 10:27:24 CDT
...laura, who is in danger of sticking a microphone up the tailpipe
of a Ferrari 308 that she sees every now and then (for reasons that
we're not quite sure of but do not appear to have any connection to
emissions testing :-) writes:
> I just got a new toy with a sound card, and haven't been able to find any
> good digitized British-car related sounds. Does anybody have any suggestions
> on where I might scare up some?

I'm not sure if this would be in a format that is usable to you, at least
not without some conversion, but the BBC produces a very comprehensive set
of sound effects recordings on CDs, one of which is devoted entirely to
automotive sounds. Everything from slamming doors to engines starting (and
not starting), windshield wipers, hand-cranking windows, honking horns, cars
accelerating, braking, skidding, you name it. Sounds are grouped by brand
of car, too, so you can pick little tin-box car noises or big luxury-car
sounds. Recorded lovingly in stereo for scaring the neighbors in the next
apartment; I particularly recommend the "Car passing left to right at high
speed" for that. :-)

You should be able to find it at a well-stocked library or record store.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473