Grose jets

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Grose jets
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 93 16:26:10 -0400
>Many people who have had things to say about Grose jets have had rather
>negative comments. Things like "I can't get it to stop leaking". It would
>seem that the best value in Grose jets can be had by not using them...

        I put them in my TR6 when I rebuilt the carbs, and have never had the
slightest problem with them.  I have had problems in the past with needle
valves not sealing or sticking.

        British Car this month has a review of Grose Jets, fairly favorable.

        Overall, I think the mechanical design of the Grose Jets is better
than the stock ones.  I suspect some people who've had problems with them
either had dirty fuel (bad/no filter) or maybe a leaking float.

        Remember, people who have problems are much more vocal than those
who don't (in anything).

        Randell Jesup