calipers

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: calipers
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Jul 14 08:19:38 1993
Re : Dean's question on rebuilding Midget brake calipers asking for
suggestions.

1. Get stainless steel pistons...they cost virtually the same as non
stainless ones.

2. Buy Girling red rubber grease for assembly..it makes the job
easier.

3. Don't forget to replace EVERY rubber seal in the caliper with new
ones.  Mini calipers have a tiny round rubber ring which is crucial
to replace (for example)

BTW, I raced with Grose jets in my S.U.s for three years...they
worked great.

Jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or
jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil

"giving money and power to congress is like giving whiskey and car
keys to a teenage boy."

P.J. O'Rourke from Parliment of Whores.