Real MGs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Real MGs
From: (Blair Engle) <engle@martechpop.physics.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 93 11:12:58 EDT
Hey out there, Im new on the block, does any one Vintage Race a real MG.
>From 1981 through 1991, I vintage raced a 1953 MG TD, and never had so much
fun, auto wise.  You can have your car shows, rallies, GOFs or what ever.
Nothing has ever given me the high that I got from a weekend of racing.  We
competed at Sebring, Road Atlanta, St. Petersburg and Mid Ohio.  I hate to
hear about these wimps who are afraid to take their MGs, be they Ts, As or
Bs, out on the highway and drive them.  That's what they were built for.
In all the races I competed in, the only mechanical problems I had, were a
ruptured oil pressure sending unit, and a broken 2nd gear.  The gearbox
problem was because I used it too hard.  When I say hard, I mean 7,200 rpm
for every shift and 115 mph on the back straight at Road Atlanta.  I still
drive this car to work every day with cycle wings and #99 painted on the
grill slats.  Granted I don't have the full race 1500cc engine, roll bar or
fuel cell in it.  It's not a show car, it's a real MG.

Put the top down and drive that sucker.

Blair
Blair Engle                         internet: engle@phy.fsu.edu
Dept of Physics                         tel: (904)-644-3770