1965 Rover 2000TCs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1965 Rover 2000TCs
From: sim1@cornell.edu (Steve MARGOLIS)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1993 09:38:25 -0500
>  I have two yes two Rover TC2000's both are 1965's.  If you are in the
>Dallas FTWorth area and you have any interest in them, they are going
>very cheap to a good home where someone will restore.  I will not
>sell to anyone that wants to part them out, I can do that.

These can't be original.  In March of 1966, I had ordered a Rover 2000 for
delivery at Solihull.  In April of 1966, I went to the auto show in New
York and saw the 2000TC that Rover had driven to the tip of Baja
California, then back to L.A.  They then raced a train from L.A. to Chicago
with it, where the gas tanks (yeah, tanks. It was fitted with a second
tank) were filled and sealed and the Chicago to New York leg was driven for
a fuel economy demonstration.  The next day, I went to the dealer and
swapped the $200 sunroof option for the $200 TC option and picked the car
up in May of 1966.  It was the 361st TC made.

By the way, it was an absolutely superb car, until I moved to Maine and the
winter road salt did it in.

Steve Margolis                  E-mail: sim1@cornell.edu
Information Resources
Cornell University              Phone:  (607) 255-1477
Ithaca is Gorges, NY            Fax:    (607) 254-5222
14853-2601