source for TR6 front wheel bearings near Ann Arbor?

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: source for TR6 front wheel bearings near Ann Arbor?
From: Peter Lee <petel@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1993 00:24:41 -0400
Hello!  First of all, please re-subscribe me to the list.  I had to drop
out for a short while because I was traveling a bit and not able to keep up
with email.

Now, I've been back home for a few weeks, and have gotten back into my '73
TR6, which was being stored at my parents' house in upper Michigan.  I live
in Pittsburgh.

After a couple of days of preparation, I took off for the roughly 850 miles
from Houghton, Michigan to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I didn't think too
much of the drive, aside from wanting dry weather, since I had done the
reverse trip not too long ago.

Well, I've been forced to reassess things... About 70 miles north of Ann
Arbor the '6 suddenly pulled hard to the left.  I immediately pulled off
the road to inspect.  From the large amount of grease sprayed over the left
front wheel, I suspected a bearing had gone bad. I limped along to a weigh
station, pulled to wheel cover off, to discover that indeed this was the
case.

So, now here I am, stranded at my brother-in-laws' house in Ann Arbor, on a
late Saturday night (after a few beers at the Del Rio), wondering how I'm
going to find new wheel bearings for a '73 TR6.  Does anyone out there have
any advice on where I might look?  I'll call the Roadster Factory first
thing Monday morning, but if I can find something locally on Monday or,
better yet, Sunday, I'll do that and get myself back on the road.

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.  It would probably be best to
send email directly to me for a short while, since I don't know when I will
be officially re-subscribed to the list.

Thanks!

  - Peter Lee (petel@cs.cmu.edu)

PS: Also, any warnings or advice about replacing wheel bearings would also
be greatly appreciated.